1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished WCoPP 1 Week 6

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokémon Perfect' started by Ortheore, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Deadline is Monday 23 October 23:00 (+11)

Spreadsheet

If you are playing RBY, please complete a best of 3 set against your opponent. For all other tiers, please complete one battle against your opponent.

A reminder to all players to be visibly active in scheduling, specifically to use VMs on Pokemon Perfect. If you wish to have some other form of activity count, such as PMing via Discord, it is YOUR responsibility to inform me so that I can make the correct decision. Note that if I have doubts about the outcome of an activity decision, I will instead rule the match dead.

Regarding disconnects: if a player disconnects from the game this will generally be treated as a forfeit, subject to the host's discretion (e.g. a t1 disconnect will be replayed because common sense). If you are concerned about the possibility of a disconnect and would like to be able to replay if this occurs, you are advised to send your team in to me prior to your match, at which point replaying the match will generally be the course of action if the disconnecting party is not at an obvious disadvantage.

Matches are suggested to be played on Pokemon Perfect's server, however they can be played elsewhere if both players agree

Replays are required, please make sure you post them. Also I strongly suggest posting when you're playing so that people can spectate if they want to

UK (2) vs Italy (6)
    RBY: Disaster Area (2-1) The Idiot Ninja
    RBY: CrapAtRBY (0-2) Troller
    GSC: HJAD vs Bomber
    GSC: 1 True Lycan vs Luck>Skill
    ADV: Stockings vs smilzo
    ADV: espeonage vs Coffe
    HGSS: Hassin627 vs hellpowna
    HGSS: HSOWA vs Nightcore

USSR/Benelux (4) vs Greece (4)
    RBY: MetalGross (2-0) Mysterious M
    RBY: Mister Tim (2-0) christos21
    GSC: FriendOfMrGolem120 vs Foggi Rigas
    GSC: Ch01W0n5h1n vs WhiteLion
    ADV: Real FV13 vs amberlamps
    ADV: melle2402 vs Fakes
    HGSS: Mindnight vs H.M.N.I.P
    HGSS: ReshiRampage vs BluBirD

Spain (3) vs Seven Seas (3)
    RBY: Poek vs sceptross
    RBY: Icarax (0-2) Dre89
    GSC: Gene SP vs Arifeen
    GSC: Kaisser vs Eseque
    ADV: Pokebasket vs thelinearcurve
    ADV: Vorgang vs DMA
    HGSS: Luispeikou vs byronthewellwell
    HGSS: Ilesaural vs Huston

North America (5) vs Germany (2)
    RBY: Golden Gyarados (2-0) Linkin Karp
    RBY: GGFan (0-2) Lusch
    GSC: TSR vs Picooo
    GSC: Deadboots vs BaSr
    ADV: Ugly Duckling vs Decode leru
    ADV: Cowboy Dan vs Funky
    HGSS: Hofuku vs kloshitt
    HGSS: Krack vs Akiko Yosano

France (3) vs USA East (4)
    RBY: Diegolh vs hclat Blightbringer
    RBY: Peasounay (2-0) Finchinator
    GSC: giara vs sulcata
    GSC: k3nan vs The Notorious B.I.G.
    ADV: Zephir vs Marcop9923
    ADV: 0NI vs Eden's Embrace
    HGSS: Cicada vs deluks917
    HGSS: raspberry vs kunclord supreme

Brazil gets a bye

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  2. drud

drud Member

HGSS: Hassin627 vs hellpowna - he is good
    HGSS: HSOWA vs Nightcore - nightcore is a bad music "genre"

HGSS: Mindnight vs H.M.N.I.P - good showing so far
    HGSS: ReshiRampage vs BluBirD - reshi fucking rampage got unleashed what a fucking don

HGSS: Luispeikou vs byronthewellwell - luispeikou has been playing better than byron, also first week i predict both spanish players to win
    HGSS: Ilesaural vs Huston - huston get out of this tier!!

HGSS: Hofuku vs kloshitt - i rly dont know
    HGSS: Krack vs Akiko Yosano - has some crappy anime name so he must be good

HGSS: Cicada vs deluks917 - the lucks 917 is going to win this
    HGSS: raspberry vs kunclord supreme - whoever andrew's opponent is will get a beating

3. Marcop9923

Marcop9923 Member

@ortherore I think you made a mistake w our lineup zzz im not in adv

4. eden

eden end. Host Emeritus

Hey apologies i had a busy day and forgot to submit lineup; deluks is busy so sub him out, move finch to his spot; put marcop in rby; fill marcops adv with hclat. Hopefully this is early enough that I don't get accused of fishin or whatever; sorry for the inconvinience

If it's too late/early for it that's fine also; I'll just remember to submit on time next week then

5. Hofuku

Hofuku Member

I think this should go through as there is no precedent but starting next week I think any lineup that is not submitted should be not allowed to change as this is exploitable. There's no rule against this and Sunny is not someone I would expect to use such tactics, but there should be a rule against this to prevent such actions taking place in the future.

eden likes this.
  6. eden

eden end. Host Emeritus

That is rby blight/marcop
    Gsc same
    Adv hclat/me
    dpp finch/Andrew

And yeah haha I wouldn't wanna sub out deluks if i could help it; hopefully it goes thru hf to france in what I hope will be a fun series

Ortheore

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    Marcop9923 likes this.
  7. Hassin627

Hassin627 super trapper Member

8. hellpowna

hellpowna LIVE, LOVE, COCO Member

Lost in a battle where my opp totally deserved to win, gg

Disaster Area and Hassin627 like this.
  9. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

RBY Predicts + Highlights

USSR/Benelux (0) vs Greece (0)
    RBY: MetalGross 55 - 45 Mysterious M - Both have been having a great run this tour, could really go either way. Metal has a bit more history
    RBY: Mister Tim 85 - 15 christos21 - christos yet to get a win and has no results in the tier I know of

Spain (0) vs Seven Seas (0)
    RBY: Poek 35 - 65 sceptross - If Poek shows up then this should be a decent match,
    RBY: Icarax 50 - 50 Dre89 - could really go either way

North America (0) vs Germany (0)
    RBY: Golden Gyarados 52.5 - 47.5 Linkin Karp - close match, hard to call, I give gg the edge but Karp is in striking distance
    RBY: GGFan 45 - 55 Lusch - should be the best rby series of the week. GGFan is a great player w/ a lot of history and is getting good results atm, Lusch is a fantastic player, with less history but a lot of talent.

France (0) vs USA East (0)
    RBY: Diegolh 80 - 20 Blightbringer - skill difference is p high here imo
    RBY: Peasounay vs Finchinator / Marcop9923 - whoever ends up playing vs Peas isn't favoured but they have a shot

Highlights:

RBY: GGFan vs Lusch - best rby match this week
    GSC: giara vs sulcata - two beasts going at it
    ADV: Pokebasket vs thelinearcurve - if basket shows up this should be great

10. snøfall

snøfall Member

11. Ortheore

Ortheore Host Emeritus

Sorry for the delay in responding. I literally just got home and slept the entire day yesterday

Unfortunately I don't think I can allow this. I'm happy for you guys to make whatever subs you need, but swapping players around like this I don't think is fair, even if it is the result of an accident and is not anything shady.

To be clear, I'm fine if you sub now, even though it's a little early. Tbh I need to expand upon that sub rule or review it in some way, since actually enforcing it is imo an awkward position

12. eden

eden end. Host Emeritus

gotcha no prob; we'll make through for this week, ty for getting back to us.

13. Lusch

Lusch A critical hit! Member

14. GGFan

GGFan Member

Lost 0-2 to Lusch in two tough but heartbreaking games for me. I was in a pretty good position in both of them, but unfortunately my Tauros couldn't and his Tauros could. Well, that's RNGBY for you.

ggs

15. Peasounay

Peasounay qui peut me stopper Host Emeritus

16. Deadboots

Deadboots Resident Lethargarian Host Emeritus

17. Deadboots

Deadboots Resident Lethargarian Host Emeritus

Sorry about the double post. GSC predictions for this week, since no one else seems interested in doing them:

UK vs Italy

HJAD vs Bomber - HJAD looked good in the last replay I checked out, but Bomber is hard to bet against.

1 True Lycan vs Luck>Skill - Luck has been playing well, as usual.

USSR/Benelux vs Greece

FriendOfMrGolem120
    vs Rigas - I don't know Rigas well enough to make an educated call, but FOMG is one of the most patient, skilled GSC players I've come across so far.

Ch01W0n5h1n vs WhiteLion - I believe these players are pretty close as far as overall skill is concerned, but I don't understand Ch01's teambuilding philosophy. Should be a good one if Ch01 pulls out something that's well-constructed.

Spain vs Seven Seas

Gene SP vs Arifeen - Arifeen is a solid player and teambuilder, and has worked on his GSC game with Conflict within the past year.

Kaisser vs Eseque - I've played Kaisser on the ADV ladder a number of times, and always found him to be a thoughtful opponent. I think his ADV prowess will transfer well, and he may have past experience with GSC that I don't know about.

France vs USA East - this is gonna be a great series.

giara vs sulcata - I've had the pleasure of playing both of these gents recently. While giara is no slouch and has tier knowledge to at least match sulcata's, I think sulcata's excellent predictive ability and long-term planning will win out.

k3nan vs The Notorious B.I.G. - I think this will likely be one of the closest GSC matches this week. k3nan is a relative newcomer to GSC, but he's been putting up great results over the past 6 months. I know most competitive players tend to discount ladder play when it comes to "actual results", so I won't elaborate on how difficult a 94% GXE is to achieve - but his run in the Smogon GSC cup really impressed me.

Disaster Area likes this.
  18. CrapAtRBY

CrapAtRBY Member

19. Heroic Troller

Heroic Troller From Marcoasd's DNA Member

Won 2-0 ggs

WhiteLion, Oibaf, smilzo and 4 others like this.
  20. smilzo

smilzo Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.