1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished WCoPP 1 Week 11

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokémon Perfect' started by Ortheore, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

2. Sceptross

Sceptross Host Emeritus

And with this I finish my WCoPP run. 4-6, not bad considered I entered this tournament with 50 GSC ladder matches, 30 of those with an uncompetitive team because I didn't understand the tier.

Although it was not a very pleasant experience game-wise for me, because I had to play under non-optimal circumstances most of the tour (someone had to "sacrifice" themselves since we had 3 RBYers in the team but only 1 GSCer, and it was my personal decision to be that person), I must say I really, really, enjoyed these weeks. I had the opportunity to get to know and talk to several people because of it, I had the experience of managing a team (despite having no team tour experience haha) and I had the oportunity to become more proficient in a generation I REALLY enjoy, although I still have much, much to learn about it.

Due to some reasons that are not necessary to mention here, because they are out of scope of this post, I was starting to get frustrated about GSC, which was definitely noticeable in my two last matches, specially this one. Because of this, I decided to take a hiatus of some weeks on GSC. After that, I'll try to improve my GSC, I really like the generation. Setting as a goal having a decent level in GSC for PPL, although I am still not 100% sure if I'll be joining.

Seven Seas! We were considered the worst team in the power rankings, and even if we didn't pull off a surprise playoff qualification, I want to say I'm really proud of you. In every week we had a good performance (all but 1 of our losses were 5-3's) and I must say it was an honour to manage you. I hope you feel I was as good of a manager as I feel you were as a team. I will always remember you, with nostalgia, as my first teammates in a team tour. Good luck from now on, I hope I meet you in further team tours :) Who knows, maybe next year, in a reedition of Team Seven Seas. Just let me play RBY next time kthx XD

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Eseque, Pak, DMA and 9 others like this.
  3. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

Chrysalis, Atli, eden and 1 other person like this.
  4. deluks917

deluks917 Host Emeritus

5. raspberry

raspberry Member

My opponent doesnt seem to come here anymore. I wrote a schedule message on his profile Monday, and he didnt answer.
    Since I'm busy this weekend, I can't play from now.

6. amberlamps

amberlamps Member

no answer from my opponent yet

7. Luck>Skill

Luck>Skill Member

8. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

Lost 1-2 in a cool series that kinda got destroyed by the third game. ggs

kjdaas likes this.
  9. Chrysalis

Chrysalis scorpion Host Emeritus

Won v Melle. G1 was a clean win, G2 I brought my old Porygon stall which kinda crumbled after a crit and from that point onwards, the whole series turned into a RNGfest which somehow ended in a 2-1 for me.
    That's it folks - ending with a less than impressive 3-6 record that got fucked on one hand by timer-happy opponents, irl issues and bad RNG in the few matchups that were a toss-up - but on the other hand also by simply not being as good as some opposing players, and for these games I can't make excuses without cheating myself.

Shoutouts to:
    Princess: This was a rollercoaster run for Team Germany, and even though we missed playoffs in the end we're still finishing a lot higher than we would have without you. You got all these good players out of nowhere literally within the last few hours before roster deadline, and you put in a metric fuckton of work for a tour in a forum you had never visited before. You were our team's backbone and motivation, never backing down no matter how hard we fucked up our games, and you saved us from losing every week 0-8 to activity. I can't imagine a better assman.
    Lusch: You played this to the end even after announcing your retirement. Even though the tour couldn't have mattered less to you at times, you still went through with everything and kept showing the rest of the team how doable it is to play 1 game a week no matter the external circumstances. For that you have my respect.
    BaSr, Matter of the dark, kloshitt, Akiko Yosano, Funky, Picoo: Even with 5 of 13 players gone, you played this through to the end. You never YOLO'd using shit teams when the result still mattered, instead you really gave your best even though I had to put some of you in tiers where you had very little experience. Thank you for keeping this up.
    sceptross, Huston and the rest of Team Seven Seas: First and foremost, I'm very sorry that I left so shortly before the deadline. Since we had a completely balanced roster with only 3 Germans being actually interested in the tour, no split would have been necessary and we would've placed a lot higher than either of our teams did now. Either way, I kept rooting for you guys all the time, except the one week where we had to play each other. :D
    leru: Thanks for getting yourself kicked for being a Hurensohn before the ghosting stuff came up. Had you still been on the team, we would surely have been penalized for your brainless actions that the rest of the team didn't back.
    The Idiot Ninja: By calling me "some random German kid", you motivated me to fucking slap you the next time we have to play. Thanks for that additional incentive to git gud.
    a few rising stars out there: The journey has only just begun. The sky is the limit.

Eseque, eden, Sceptross and 4 others like this.
  10. The Idiot Ninja

The Idiot Ninja Member

i'm just some random italian kid. it really wasn't meant to bring your skill into question or anything. but if it's motivating you I can only be happy

11. melle2402

melle2402 Host Emeritus

Man get over it lol

kjdaas likes this.
  12. ReshiRampage

ReshiRampage Member

13. Cowboy Dan

Cowboy Dan Host Emeritus

14. Deadboots

Deadboots Resident Lethargarian Host Emeritus

15. SaDiSTiCNarwhal

SaDiSTiCNarwhal Always tired Member

16. eden

eden end. Host Emeritus

well, was a great run all
    s/o especially to deluks917 for being the best testing partner one could hope for, same for Marcop9923
    sulcata extremely consistent as usual, finch for getting the team together, eren got a bit unlucky but played p well, andy had irl commitments but still made time to play,blight played a few,narwhal was a good presence in chat also helped test,hclat again played p well but his results don't show that,ninjax helped scout very week, every opponent and was active had a rough two games though sadly was playin pretty decent too;

i didn't play super tight or anything bar one or two games(debuting that team vs kerts was fun), but am p happy with how this ended(or will end) for me

deluks917's amazing in a team tour environment, does his homework keeps his teammates sharp and goes above and beyond

good run gents; if we lose to NA you guys played well, gl in rest of the tour

let's do this next year again for sure

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Finchinator, Pak, hclat and 6 others like this.
  17. Hassin627

Hassin627 super trapper Member

Act, no response from my opp yet

18. CrapAtRBY

CrapAtRBY Member

Act, no response from my opp yet

19. smilzo

smilzo Member

Ugly Duckling, Atli, eden and 3 others like this.
  20. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

smilzo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.