1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Finished PPL 2021 Week 2

Discussion in 'Other Tours' started by Quint, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quint

Quint Season Host

[​IMG]

Information & Administrative Decisions
    Replays | Spreadsheet

[​IMG][​IMG]

Saffron Seers (6) vs. (4) Cinnabar Pyros

BW: DMA vs ElectricityCat
    BW: Rokhan vs Takatalvi Sabella
    DPP: luisotte vs Tunc42
    DPP: Jhonx ENZ1 vs Kristyl
    ADV: Stockings vs pokology
    ADV: dice vs nchmax
    GSC: vanisherrr vs GLFGno007
    GSC: The Notorious B.I.G. vs Lord Thorx
    RBY: Louna vs luchik
    RBY: mikmer vs Unowndragon20000224

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mossdeep Supernovas (6) vs. (4) Driftveil Gold Diggers

BW: Caetano93 vs herpasyphillis
    BW: Azazel vs PkmTrainerBlue
    DPP: Nazip vs MAX UND MAX
    DPP: Emeral vs sprinkles
    ADV: Chino itsuki vs TreinerOrenge
    ADV: Ophion vs Endill
    GSC: Oibaf vs TopLel TopKek
    GSC: RahelGamer03 vs K3NIX
    RBY: Frrf vs emma
    RBY: LRXC vs RampageWebber

[​IMG][​IMG]

Goldenrod Rollers (3) vs. (5) Blackthorn Dragoons

BW: eden vs DevinSmokesYall
    BW: CalamityGreed vs Splash
    DPP: lighthouses vs Arctic
    DPP: 64 squares vs A Hero's Destiny
    ADV: watermess vs kael
    ADV: zacpz vs SEA
    GSC: jon ledger vs Fakes
    GSC: Chiles Habaneros vs chio
    RBY: THUNDER CEBRA vs AttackonSamurott
    RBY: Caloom vs Jaajgko

[​IMG][​IMG]

Snowpoint Yetis
    (7) vs. (3) Fortree Snipers

BW: Kokujo O Tatsumaki vs Raiza
    BW: Luck>Skill vs toytean
    DPP: BlessyZ vs Ilesaural
    DPP: johnnyg2 vs Beraldinhoo
    ADV: Siglut vs Shakur
    ADV: Shortage vs Gacu
    GSC: melle2402 vs Egor
    GSC: EGALVANC vs ThePatateDouce
    RBY: Links vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
    RBY: Oiseau Bleu vs 16bit

DEADLINE- May 2nd 11:59PM EST

Send week 3 lineups to CALLOUS!

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2021
    Gacu, CALLOUS and Christos like this.
  2. cherryb0ng

cherryb0ng Member

Well I should only be focusing on Pokemon about 2 hours a day but I am experiencing some affects from withdrawal, procrastination and eating too much cheese and my tummy hurts so I am gonna make a few comments on the playerbase and each team's strengths in GSC. Keep in mind that A) I am not paid to make analyses. B) This team tour has a bunch of weird upsets and players that are known for playing certain tiers may be playing others, so the level is actually hard to assess and the skillgap is much smaller than it seems so if I didn't mention you that doesn't mean I don't think you can perform well.

My thoughts on the playerbase (NOT POWER RANKINGS)

• SNOWPOINT YETIS:
      So the Yetis made a decision to retain Melee2402. Though it's true that he had an incredible record last year (8-1! what a monster) and anyone new or experienced crossing this man's path has every right to feel a bit of shaking in their boots, I haven't seen him play all too much last year in Smogon or PP (but that could be my memory failing me) and am curious to see if he can hold up to the expectations he's made of himself. I am pretty sure that he joined the seasonal circuits in Smogon and PP earlier this year so I think that, even if my hunch is correct, he's had plenty of time to get his feet wet and warm up for the new playerbase. EGALVANC at 11500 makes me think that they not only have an extremely solid player duo for GSC, but that the Yetis must have had a good draft in general. I don't know because I didn't pay attention and had no time, otherwise I'd have tried my hands at managing this year.

• SAFFRON SEERS:
      Vanisher I've heard of and is definitely the type of player who has grinded in many tiers, hence why you might see his name up in the top of RoA room rankings. Probably decent. The.Notorious B.I.G. I feel like I know the player but I am unsure that it could be someone else. I know Diego Maradona to be a player who's played GSC and can be an element of support. Having this type of support can be helpful for great players but can make a huge difference when there is a tier the team doesn't seem the strongest in.

• MOSSDEEP SUPERNOVAS:
      Oibaf and Rahel are two names you will see around a lot in GSC. With their dedication to GSC OU, perhaps above other tiers as well, AND the support in excellent elements such as Drogba in Shenhua and Mister Tim, these two both have a very decent shot at taking home a positive record. I see Rahel might struggle if he finds himself in an unfamiliar scenario but he is most certainly well versed.

• GOLDERNROD ROLLERS:
      I really am not sure about J ledger and Jester, and I feel like this is my fault. A valid source has told me this about Chiles habaneros "Chiles > you, your favorite player and your favorite player's favorite player". I like MF Doom references as much as the next guy, and though I am not sure if he's better than Lavos, our Habanero's popularity should be an indicator that we'll get to see some spicy gameplay. On top of that, their manager is Diophantine, aka Taiga, aka lowcostparrot, someone who has an understanding of every tier of GSC like they were the back of his hand. Explaining it to anyone on his team should be as easy as solving a linear equation (basically child's play). I don't know if TC will be playing GSC because I have no information about draft details.

• FORTREE SNIPERS:
      Egor I think plays multiple tiers and I could be mistaken. I would have had a much better understanding of the skill level if we had had the chance to play in this year's GSC seasonal, where we met in round 6, which says something. The patatedouce, fellow member of the stall academy clan, should be fun to see play. I am pretty sure he will be comfortable using a variety of different teams, something which new players to team tours may have a very hard time doing when starting out. Considering his knowledge and that he's in slot 2, a positive record is definitely within his capacity. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Nalorium led his team to win the first GSC premier league?

• Driftveil Gold Diggers:
      K3nix and TopKek both sound like scary adversaries. K3nix is one of the few players that qualified in both Pokemon Perfect's and Smogon's end of the year championship, aka the Past Gen Championship. I consider this to be the force to be reckoned with in the tournament. There really isn't much to say here besides I expect good enough results to sway certain weeks into the Gold Diggers favor, which will prove beneficial facing the stronger teams out there.

• CINNABAR PYROS:
      And just when you thought when we might have been done with the terrifying adversaries (oh who am I kidding, none of you will read up to here) there is this team. Just be glad you aren't facing the managers, who are both strong (and I will get my reveng on Haru for having eliminated me from 2 tours one day). No, strong doesn't even cut it. If you consider how much a manager that knows a tier can help a mediocre player, and then take that and multiply it by 100 you get a combination of a really strong duo of managers (Zilo technically in the gsc slot alongside Zokuru in SPL) and a very capable player in Lord Thorx then you are in for something to look out for. GLFGnoOO7 gets the prize for hardest name to type in gsc history but I see that he's defeated Egalvanc already in a match so my prophecy was coming true before it was even written. Watch out folk!

• BLACTHORN DRAGOONS:
      I have been sitting here for more than an 50 minute now but I am not done yet. The Stall Master Lord (I actually was forced to correct this. Please let me see my wife and children now), aka Zokuru, has decided to pair with the legendary Astamatitos. This team has Fakes, who for the ADV players needs no introduction (I hope) but is also a very solid player all around and is willing to prove himself in GSC. He's played GSC before, ofcourse, I just can't really remember where. It also appears that Kael will be focusing on ADV and leaving the new and welcomed japanese player chio to fill in his spot. He has recently joined the international community of Smogon and PP and is looking to test his strengths in GSC OU. Perhaps his knowledge of the japanese format Nintendo Cup will carry over. It will be interesting to find out. Along with the aforementioned Kael, the eager AttackonSamurott is also a potential sub in the GSC slot, and he had a very deep run in GSC Seasonal.

[May this be a request to CALLOUS to please update the spreadsheets to include each tier that every player has signed up for and which tier they played in because I couldn't find this information anywhere except based on week matchups/asking the managers directly]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  3. Diophantine

Diophantine Taiga Member

Chiles Habaneros > you, your favourite player, and your favourite player's favourite player. Don't ever disrespect this king again. Get to know.

cherryb0ng likes this.
  4. zacpz

zacpz What's a fairy type? Member

Chiles is the coolest guy ive ever had the privilege of teaming with.

5. cherryb0ng

cherryb0ng Member

A quote like that is all I needed to hear. I am sure we have much to look forward to when it comes to goldenrod rollers.

Gl to rollers and sry Chiles Habaneros.

6. cherryb0ng

cherryb0ng Member

Good I edited the part about your team and hope it is to your liking. ;)

7. sprinkles

sprinkles Member

Gacu, Pasy_g and TopLel TopKek like this.
  8. Diophantine

Diophantine Taiga Member

Much better, but you should ask the don for his forgiveness. Chiles Habaneros

9. Beraldinhoo

Beraldinhoo Member

10. EGALVANC

EGALVANC Member

11. The Notorious B.I.G.

The Notorious B.I.G. en ring til å herske Member

12. Nazip

Nazip Member

13. ziloXX

ziloXX Member

takatalvi > Sabella

14. Oibaf