1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

RBY OU / 1U (OverUsed) Persian [Done]

Discussion in 'Individual Analyses' started by CrapAtRBY, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

CrapAtRBY Please implement the GP check, let me know if you require a copy-paste.

2. CrapAtRBY

CrapAtRBY Member

Done, sorry for the delay, changed Defense Stat to bulk as i was referring to physical and special, I'm rewriting C&C so that will need checking soon

Disaster Area likes this.
  3. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

CrapAtRBY

Let me know when you have finished editing some parts, I'll GP this again when you do so.

4. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

5. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

CrapAtRBY

Let me know when you've changed some parts, I will check this again when you do so.

6. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

CrapAtRBY

Have you re-written C & C yet...? Please notify me if you have so I can give it a GP check !_!

7. CrapAtRBY

CrapAtRBY Member

Hey I'm back and I finally did a thing

Gengar is a hard counter and completely shuts down Persian. Persian should not be revealed if the opponent has a live Gengar. Snorlax is another solid all around answer to Persian, Body Slam and Hyper Beam 2HKO but Persian does have a -Someone Calc this pls?-% to KO with Screech+Hyper Beam if Snorlax switches into Slash. Exeggutor is able to take Persians attacks reasonably well and is able to threaten paralysis but must be wary as Slash 3HKO’s.

Although Rhydon and Golem are 2HKO’d by Bubblebeam, they resist all of Persian’s other moves and Bubblebeam does atrocious damage to every other Pokemon seen in the tier. This allows your opponent to bait you into using Bubblebeam and put you in a very compromising position with a chain switch. Thunderbolt Persian will especially struggle against specially bulky mons with Counter; Counter from an Alakazam, Jynx or Chansey will always KO a Persian that used Slash (Snorlax’s Counter has ~49% chance to KO), however Screech followed by Hyper Beam will always KO these Pokemon. Screech Persian will struggle against the physically bulky aquatics such as Lapras, Cloyster and Slowbro.

Disaster Area likes this.
  8. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

9. Ariel Rebel

Ariel Rebel #1 rsutton23 Fan Member

Slash will do 29.4%-34.6% on the switch, leaving 65.4%-70.6%.

Then hyper beam to a -2 def lax will deal 64.4%-75.9% to lax.

So there's a small chance it doesn't kill. Need a really low roll on both moves to miss the KO. And that isn't accounting for a switch.

10. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

lmk when c & c is perfect nd ready for gp

11. Sobi

Sobi hi Member

GPed Checks and Counters

Gengar is a hard counter and completely shuts down Persian. Persian should not be revealed if the opponent has a healthy Gengar. Snorlax is another solid all-around answer to Persian; Body Slam and Hyper Beam 2HKO it, but Persian does have a considerable chance to KO with Screech + Hyper Beam if Snorlax switches into Slash. Exeggutor is able to take Persian's attacks reasonably well and is able to threaten paralysis but must be wary as Slash, as it 3HKOes.

Although Rhydon and Golem are 2HKOed by Bubblebeam, they resist all of Persian’s other moves and Bubblebeam does atrocious damage to every other Pokemon seen in the tier. This allows your opponent to bait Persian into using Bubblebeam and puts it in a very compromising position with a chain switch. Thunderbolt Persian will especially struggle against specially bulky Pokemon with Counter; Counter from an Alakazam, Jynx, or Chansey will always KO a Persian that used Slash (Snorlax’s Counter has ~49% chance to KO), but Screech followed by Hyper Beam will always KO these Pokemon. Screech Persian will struggle against physically bulky Water-types such as Lapras, Cloyster and Slowbro.

since the writer is dead, could a mod edit this into the OP and mark this as done

12. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

sure i'll do it

13. Golden Gyarados

Golden Gyarados Host Emeritus

"wary of Slash"? Disaster Area

Sobi likes this.