1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Community Goodbye, Goodbye, Good friends goodbye.

Discussion in 'Chat' started by SamuelBest, Apr 6, 2020.

1. SamuelBest

SamuelBest All things eventually come to an end.. Host Emeritus

I contemplated quite a while about doing this post. I initially intended to go away without saying anything but at the same time that's not a very me thing to do, so in the end I decided it'd be natural if I did so on the place where I think I've grown most as a player.

Ever since late 2018 I've had a growning disinterest in the game, pretty much only playing tournaments and occasionally laddering for like 1 hour before getting bored and giving up.

I mostly just pushed on with the thought that I'm too stubborn to quit something I had spent 5 years (now 7) working on, so I just played very unwillingly for the entirity of 2019, doing some fairly decent results for myself.

However as of early 2020 my lack of passion torwards the game had become unbearable, to the point where even playing my favorite metas feels like a fucking chore, that mixed with my not-so-well received stance in the community made me realize that it's just time for me to quit the competitive pokémon scene, as I have little to no reason to continue playing a game where I'm unable to enjoy playing and where I have very few people that I enjoy chatting with.

It's been one long ass journey to get here, and as much as I make it seem like I hated everything about it, I don't necessarily regret it (even if I do wish I could still enjoy playing casually), it had it's fun moments, I just think it's time for me to move on with my other hobbies in life, things I enjoy more.

I also want to give some shoutouts to the people that have mattered the most to me in recent years, would have probably quit earlier than I did if it wasn't for them: The Idiot Ninja, Troller, kjdaas, Sceptross, Zokuru, HML am, Oibaf, Sadlysius, hellpowna, H.M.N.I.P, Ramweavs

CALLOUS Lutra please remove my gmt and moderator status, and thank you for giving me the chance to operate on the site. (even if I admitedly did very little as of late)

This is where it ends for me, I do very much hold hope that the pokemon community will flourish (given the toxicity of the community I doubt it very heavily), and I wouldn't completly put it for myself to return to the game in a couple of years, but that's also very unlikely. The one thing that I'm very much happy about is that I can say I'm going away without holding any particular grudge and with better prospects in mind.

As such, goodbye everyone.

-Your (possibly) favorite rock slide user​

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  2. samy0w

samy0w Member

Tbh your post sounds like you look for a reason to continue playing/being around. Im in a similiar situation and havent really enjoyed the game since.. idk somewhere in 2019 probably. But! My life quality has improved subjectively drastically since I started to play mons less and less. So I guess the only way is up from here.. obviously nobody can tell what the future will bring

Btw its a joke that this is posted in the archive or that the archive is still open for new posts lol. Its called archive for a reason

FriendOfMrGolem120 and HML am like this.
  3. SamuelBest

SamuelBest All things eventually come to an end.. Host Emeritus

There's no other place to post given the talk section went here. I suppose it could also go into not pokémon but it really does not change much, this would be archived anyways.

FriendOfMrGolem120 likes this.
  4. Disaster Area

Disaster Area Little Ball of Furr and Power Member

I quit Pokemon entirely for a period of a few months, both out of having other things I'd rather be doing and an absence of enthusiasm for the game. Don't regret it at all, and I'm back now because, well, less other things to be doing with my time right now and I'm more enthusiastic for the game again. Maybe your leaving will be permanent, maybe you'll come back with a renewed enthusiasm at some point. But I can say it's definitely best to stop if you're not enjoying it. Look forward to chatting with you occasionally on discord still whatever you do. Definitely funny seeing just how crazy the combos are in current yugioh, haha.

=)

5. hellpowna

hellpowna LIVE, LOVE, COCO Member

you are an extraordinary person and player. illmiss you af..hope you can keep around!! lets keep in touch!

ti voglio bene assai samuel :3

Disaster Area likes this.