1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Pokemon Perfect, Guest!

Our motto is Pokémon Practice makes Pokémon Perfect. We are a competitive-battling community that encourages the development of players and their ideas, and fosters positive and respectful attitudes. We love Collaboration (working together), Competition (getting stronger), and Communication (being informed).

You are free to post everywhere, unless the thread explicitly states otherwise (usually in the case of a vote), and there are no private forums whatsoever. We just require you to not make multiple accounts. Let us greet you by posting a thread in the Introduce Yourself! forum.

3. Tiers

View Introduction to Tiers if you don't know what tiers are. Pokémon Perfect tiers are named differently to those on Smogon. A numeral followed by the letter U, e.g. 1U, 2U, 3U, represents a main tier on Pokémon Perfect – the '1' of '1U' representing the tier level. For a tier to be a main tier, it must be balanced (nothing is too powerful and game-breaking) and diverse enough (include a variety of Pokémon and strategies). A numeral followed by the letter P, e.g. 1P, 2P, 3P contain all Pokémon that are deemed overpowered in the respective 1U, 2U, 3U tiers. The 1st tier level allows Pokémon that are banned in the 2nd level, and this process continues down. Read the tier list, and in-depth explanations of the tiers naming system and tiering system. Also check out our analyses for all tiers.

4. Tournaments

RBY 1U Seasons and its master tournaments are responsible for starting up the community, and tournaments continue to play a big role in maintaining interest in the forums. Signups Open gives you a list of tournaments you can join, and Ongoing lists tournaments that you might want to follow. Additionally, you can tap to find out approximate Schedules for tournaments.

For historical threads, check out Signups Closed, Finished tournaments and Results. We also have Nominations, Voting and Event threads for exhibitions – past and present.

Event CALLOUS Invitational Tournament

Discussion in 'Global Tournaments' started by CALLOUS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

we're scheduled for 00:00 Sunday +10

CALLOUS likes this.
  2. CALLOUS

CALLOUS YouTube.com/CALLOUSnarrates Leader

If I did my conversions correctly, that's Saturday at 10AM EST. I intend to live narrate the set, possible with a guest or two if anyone I like/know/trust is interested in getting in on that.

So thelinearcurve M Dragon please wait for me to get in touch with you guys prior to the match and please wait for me to say good to go or some equivalent of that before starting each game. I'll be on and getting set up a good half hour or more before the match so finding me shouldn't be an issue. In the unlikely but possible event that I'm nowhere to be found come game time go ahead and start without me. But I'll be there...

hero likes this.
  3. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

4. CALLOUS

5. CALLOUS

They've scheduled!

Last set of the tournament is Monday the 24th at 10AM EST (48 hours from when the previous set began).

Unfortunately, that's not a time I can make for a live narration. I'll be working. Obviously I'll narrate it after the fact though. :)

hero likes this.
  6. danilo

danilo Member

i get to b05 the winner

Lusch, Marcop9923 and drud like this.
  7. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

Lost 2-3 and 2-3
    ggs.

CALLOUS likes this.
  8. thelinearcurve

thelinearcurve Member

9. Astamatitos

Astamatitos Member

Congratulations Linear, excellent display throughout the tournament! Congratulations to M Dragon too for proving he's still in top shape and never to be slept on, being dominant throughout winner's bracket. Look forward to playing you both in SPL.

Thank you for hosting this tournament Callous, hopefully a paradigm shift in the ADV competitive tournament scene.

melle2402, hero, Fener and 3 others like this.
  10. Ibidem

Ibidem Member

Congratz Linear, thank you for proving that this whole smogon>ladder argument is nothing more than just a myth.
    You managed to win only tournament that ever mattered, the one with money prize.

Marcop9923, melle2402, hero and 6 others like this.
  11. GGFan

GGFan Member

I wouldn't feel bad for them. They can still pretend to be important in SmogonPartTimer's League, whereas the guys who play all year 'round (as seen here) accumulate the actual significant statistics.

Congratulations are indeed in order.

hero, Roostur, Marcop9923 and 4 others like this.
  12. M Dragon

M Dragon Member

Grats to Linearcurve for his impressive run.
    I had 4 "match balls" and would have won both series if it was a bo3, but I failed to win a bo5.
    Gj Linear, you deserve it

13. ThrashNinjax

ThrashNinjax Lets take to the Skies Host Emeritus

Wanna throw a huge congratulations to linear for getting that money and doing so well in the tournament throughout, also congrats to MDrag, BKC, Fakes and everyone else who participated in this tournament for providing the spectators with great games and also playing as well as they did (especial shoutout to sunny who proved himself a trve l33t player and went pretty deep, gj b)

14. danilo

danilo Member

Congrats to linear man definitely didn't know you before but you deserve to be in the general conscience as a top adver. this is quite the achievement

15. danilo

danilo Member

also for as much shit i give u callous i appreciate ur hosting of this tour. u throwing down ur personal money and time shows a love and dedication unmatched by any other player ive seen

hero, Lusch, Lavos Spawn and 3 others like this.
  16. Ugly Duckling

Ugly Duckling Member

First and foremost, thanks to Callous for hosting this event. It was a real pleasure getting to participate in such a unique tour like this one and the fact that it came at your own expense is highly respectable. Props bro.

Secondly, congrats to both M Dragon and Linear for their amazing runs. Really impressive performances by both of you. You earned every bit of that prize money, now go enjoy it :D

hero, Roostur and CALLOUS like this.
  17. CALLOUS

First of all, a huge, massive, gigantic, colossal congratulations is in order for the champion of the first ever CALLOUS Invitational Tournament, thelinearcurve!!! I have ALWAYS believed in Linear and I invited him for a reason, but this is just an incredible achievement that should open up the doors to SPL and anywhere else he'd like his Pokemon career to take him. Truly Linear is as good as anyone in the world at gen 3 and I think this tournament, and the ridiculously difficult path he's had to get here- defeating reyscarface, We Three Kings, ToF, Eden's Embrace, BKC twice, UD and M Dragon twice- with his only loss being in round 2 to VIL (and I guess, technically, to Fakes in the three way pairing)- is a testament to that. And to think I bought him for 5.5k in PPL... :D Again, Linear, as a friend and as a player, I'm wildly impressed with and wildly proud of you. Congratulations!!!

I'd like to take this opportunity to send out well-deserved thank yous.

-Thank you to all the players who put in the time and effort to play in this tournament. I really appreciate you and I hope to see you all in future tours should I decide to do this, or something similar to this, again.

-Thank you to everyone who helped me narrate games throughout the tournament. First and foremost is Lavos, who did an absolutely incredible job narrating without me and is more than welcome on my channel, with me or without me, absolutely any time he pleases. You're a REALLY good narrator and I'd love to have you on board for future projects. I'd also like to thank Disaster Area for contributing his narrations as well. I want to further thank BKC, Sunny, VIL, Dan and Asta for their contributions to group narrations near the end of the event. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort.

-Thank you to Lutra for allowing me to host this tournament here. It was definitely the right choice at the time and I very much appreciate you allowing me to do it. Thank you.

-And, of course, thank you all the viewers and supporters. If you watched a video from this tour, left a comment, gave me a thumbs up or simply watched and enjoyed the games live as they happened I really appreciate you doing that and it's what made this tour what it was. Thank you.

Here are the FINAL STANDINGS for the CALLOUS Invitational Tournament-

1st- thelinearcurve $300
    2nd- M Dragon $150
    3rd- Ugly Duckling $50

4th- autumn leaves

5th/6th- VIL
    5th/6th- Nails

7th- Fakes

8th/10th- Cowboy Dan
    8th/10th- Eden's Embrace
    8th/10th- Astamatitos

11th/15th- Blightbringer
    11th/15th- Colchonero
    11th/15th- Coffe
    11th/15th- dekzeh
    11th/15th- ToF

16th/23rd- Lady Schala
    16th/23rd- undisputed
    16th/23rd- Osgoode
    16th/23rd- ace matador
    16th/23rd- SoulWind
    16th/23rd- gorgie
    16th/23rd- sky chord
    16th/23rd- Bomber

24th/31st- dragonuser
    24th/31st- Ibidem
    24th/31st- Fear
    24th/31st- McMeghan
    24th/31st- Earthworm
    24th/31st- Malekith
    24th/31st- teal6
    24th/31st- reyscarface

Dropped Early- Mael

I'll be in touch in the upcoming days with the top 3 finishers to discuss payment (meaning I tell them I'm not really paying them and they all just provided me with excellent YT content for nothing- MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!). Congratulations again to thelinearcurve, M Dragon and Ugly Duckling! Thank you everyone! :)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  18. CALLOUS

All three players who won money have been paid and with that this tournament is officially complete. Congratulations to the winners- particularly our champion Linear- and thanks again to all competitors and contributors!